1. The subject for the World Photography Day Competition is ‘Happiness’.
2. The competition is open to an unlimited number of participants.
3. Only one photo allowed per entrant.
4. Photo requirements. The chosen image should:
a) Relate to the competition’s theme
b) Be available in jpeg format in a good quality, high resolution.
c) Be taken with a compact camera or a DSLR of any brand. Mobile phone photography is not allowed. Any photo submitted using a mobile phone can and will be disqualified at any stage of the competition.
a) Be borderless
b) Not have a watermark or caption.
c) Be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered. Furthermore, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
c) not have been offered for sale, been the source of any income or entered into any other competition.
5. To apply, one must:
a) log onto our facebook page (www.facebook.com/canonmalta)
b) click on the ‘World Photography Day’ tab beneath the cover photo
c) Enter details and follow the steps required
6. The entries will be uploaded onto the tab ‘World Photography Day’. They can be viewed by clicking on ‘vote’.
7. The top 50 will be selected automatically by online voting running from Thursday 24th July until Monday 4th August at noon.
8. Our panel of judges will then judge the top 50 semi-finalists, from which the 30 finalists will be chosen.
9. The finalists will be contacted by email on Thursday 7th August. It is the responsibility of the entrants to check their email on this date and proceed with the given instructions.
10. We require the photos to be printed (A3 size) from Photocity, where we have arranged a special price for conformity. The price is 13 Euros for the printing and the mounting. Photocity: 27, South Street, Valletta. 21236723 - http://www.photocitymalta.com/.
11. Photos should be taken on a CD or pendrive in person between Friday 8th and Thursday 14th August. Payment should be settled. The prints will then be picked up by Avantech Ltd.
12. The competition is open to Maltese Islands residents only. Employees of Avantech Ltd., as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
13. The final event will take place on Tuedsay the 19th of August at 7:30pm at the Avantech premises.
14. Photographs will be exhibited and will be judged by a panel of judges. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, and the commercial appeal of the photographs.
15. The first place receive a prize of 1,000 Euro voucher, the first runner up will receive a 500 Euro voucher, and the second runner up a 250 Euro voucher. All vouchers are redeemable against hardware products from Avantech Ltd.
16. Prizes are as stated and cannot be sold or transferred.
17. The printed finalists photos are property of Avantech Ltd and will be used for decoration and promotion at the Avantech building in San Gwann.
18. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to Avantech Ltd. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Avantech Ltd. the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on Facebook, the Avantech website, CanonMalta.com blog, CanonMalta.com webpage, and any other medium seen fit to promote the competition and event.
19. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Avantech Ltd. reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and at its absolute discretion if Avantech has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
20. Avantech Ltd. reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if the circumstances arise outside of its control.